Monday, July 13, 2015

Party at Odds



Well, Hal is more involved now in the campaign but I don’t know yet if that’s a good thing or a bad thing. Last night’s session was very chaotic. They were in the enemy tower to try to covertly discover their plans for attacking the town of surface drow. They were neither covert nor did they discover the plans. The reason it was so chaotic was that none of them could agree on courses of action. Generally, when we play they discuss things until they come to an agreement as to their course of action but last night everyone was doing their own thing and it cost them. They don’t know yet that their mission wasn’t successful and this leaves me with a choice. Do I leave it as is and let them find out they weren’t successful or do I fudge things and use DM magic to make them successful? Can they fail this task and still have fun with the rest of the campaign or would it ruin everything to have pie on their face? I don’t know yet. Thankfully I have a week to think about. I honestly don’t know what I’ll do. My reflex is to let them fail but then again this is about having fun and I don’t know that they can fail and have fun.

The other theme seems to be picking on the halfling and Hal has grown tired of it. It all started with Tyr’s PC playing a practical joke on Hal’s. Then picking on the halfling became the way Carter and Tyr dealt with Hal not being engaged in the game. It seems to have worked, they’ve pulled him out of his shell but now he wants his PC to get revenge, particularly on Tyr’s PC. They’ve never picked on Hal himself but there has been no end to the short jokes, not to mention the time they bound and gagged him (with owlbear hide). Thus far I’ve seen it as being between the PC’s and have stayed out of it, but how far do I let it go before I intercede? Does there come a point where I step in or is all fair in RPG’s and war?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Preparing for the Adventure

Our little group did meet as planned and we got everyone's characters drawn up.  Schedules are a little hectic right now so we don...